Thursday, November 23, 2006

Ever since I was 16, I've owned a myriad of part time jobs. And up to now, I've come to the realisation that I disliked every one of them. I'm not speaking of the mere neutrality towards work in which I've noticed in a majority of my collegues. I'm speaking of a grudging obligation that insists on my presence in my workplace since I've decided to commit to it in the first place. Now I find that an issue.

Why an issue? Because by far, the marketplace (waitressing, retail, administration, teaching) hasn't proven itself tolerable. And I am, now that I'm 21, beginning to make my mark in Shenton way for the next 40 years of my life. School life is coming to an end and the realisation persists like a dull aching pain.

It's time to grow up. How time flies.

No comments: