Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cirriculum Vitae of the boyfriend

Mr. Savvy Eligible
Blk 777 Some house in Singapore,#07-77, Singapore 777777
19 August 2005
The Human Resource Department
The Bachelorette
Blk 297 Bedok South Ave 3
Bedok Court #09-05
Singapore 469297
Dear Miss. Guntzenbach,
The Bacherlorette Associate
I noticed that your company has the above available position in the Classifieds today, 19 August 2005. I took immediate interest in the job as I believe that I have the personality and the qualifications necessary to carry out the job tasks involved.

I have graduated with a BA in Pat-thor-logy from NUS(National University for Singles). The course has provided me with a significant deal of knowledge in the practical and theoretical aspects of the subject. Most importantly, my campus life has exposed me to various other activities which has contributed to my expertise in current affairs.

When I had my term breaks, I would set off in a mission to make myself as relevant to this world as I possibly could. I am considerably proactive when it comes to updating myself and widening my horizon of knowledge as I consider passivity a sin. My hobbies include reading and going for the movies. I am completely open to new ideas, activities and topics. In fact, I have an inclination for coming up with fresh ideas and less than conventional suggestions.
I believe that I am the person you are looking for and am willing to consider the position for household manager in the future. Do call me at 97777777. I would be thrilled to hear from you.

Cordially,

Mr. Savvy Eligible


Enc.
_________________________________________________________________________
CURRICULUM VITAE



PERSONAL PARTICULARS

Name: Savvy Eligible
Gender: Male
DOB: 7 July 1977
Tel: 67777777 (H)/ 97777777(HP)
Email:
eligible77@yahoo.com
Add: Blk 777 Some house in Singapore, #07-77, Singapore 777777
Nationality: Singaporean


EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

BA(Honours) in Pat-thor-logy, National University for Singles, 2001-2005.
A’levels, Top-notch Junior College, 1994-1995
GCE ‘O’ Levels, Top-notch Secondary School, 1990-1993
PSLE, Some Primary School, 1984-1989

CCA INVOLVEMENT

Junior College
English Debate Society Member

Sec School
Students’ Council Member
Leadership training camp Instructor
Class Committee Secretary

AWARDS

Silver, National Debating Competition, Top-notch Junior College, 1995
Gold, Speakers' Corner, Top-notch Junior College, 1994
Edusave scholarship, Top-notch Secondary School, 1993
2nd, National Essay Writing Competition, 1992
Gold, Miss/Mr Eloquent Contest, Top-notch Secondary School, 1991
Gold, Science Project (Quantum Physics), 1990


PROFESSIONAL/ WORK EXPERIENCE
Creditor, Maybank, 2000
Administrative Assistant, PEI, 2001
Waiter, Swensons, 2002
Waiter, Winebos, 2003


OTHER MENTIONS

Emcee of Vibrante Concert, Top-notch Junior College, 1995
Emcee of National, Speech Day and Founders’ Day of Top-notch Secondary School
Attended Outward Bound School in, 1992
__________________________________________________________________________________
I guess you might now assume I'm obsessed with guys who can talk.
Well, it isn't a main concern when I cast my selective eyes on the opposite sex. I just filled up the CV for the sake of filling it up, although to a certain extent, guys with a gifted gap always leave an impression. Besides, isn't a smooth flow of words always good for a relationship?
Yet somehow, I do know guy smooth-talkers who just put me off.
An irony don't you think?
Perhaps it is the way they carry themselves; overtly merry at the fact their figure of speech transcends above the plain conversationalist. Their gift wins them awards, popularity and probably money, but I can't help but sense the vibes of self-importance emitting out of them.
I guess anyone coherent will do.
And about the fact I kept speaking of top-notch schools, it's not necessarily vital that he should graduate from Raffles Junior College or Hwa Chong or of sort. But I do have a liking for smart guys. Every girl has their ideal Prince Charming and mine is simply the guy at Starbucks reading existentialism by Friedrich Nietzsche. (Just trying to think of a hard book, not that I'm a fan of his books, largely due to the fact I'm not atheist hence not being able to completely appreciate his brilliance.)
Actually someone who makes sense is good enough, since I regard sense as completely necessary to carry out a constructive and intellectual conversation. You know, someone of the same frequency. I read somewhere that you should marry the person you enjoy talking to. Exactly.
He has to read, not the kind of guy who shuns words like a plague. You know, someone who enjoys a good book or is ready to explore. I get the impression that these kinda people are more exciting. They have more to tell, more to learn from, and most importantly, a broader mind. Not a passive, lethargic mind that dwindles with the ravages of time. (Science tells us that brain cells die everyday and if we're not quick to make neoro linkages, our mind deteriorates as we age. Take a look at Lee Kuan Yew! Still a sharp mind even at 81(or82) when fellow elders start to suffer the consequences of dementia. Yes, dementia, according to my personal conviction, can be avoided..) A person who reads has more power in his hands to make money, since knowledge equals power and power equals influence and influence equals money. I would reject a guy just because he doesn't want to read or finds words a bore. Yes, I'm purely superficial when it comes to this. Besides, my ideal date is cosying at a cushy corner at Marine Parade starbucks, reading. Not all the time of course!
I could list a set ofof ideals but that's all they would ever be; ideals. I wouldn't even bother to use my ideals to guage a guy other than the 3 must-haves:
1) A man after God's heart.
2) Intellectually on par with me. (Or smarter)
3) Taller.
(Ranked according to their importance.)
Well that's it. I'm knocking off.

No comments: